Follow the links below to my other blogs

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Southwestern Style Watch

Simply Beads Kit of the Month, Abalone Watch & Earrings
My second Simply Beads kit came quickly after the first one. This time it was an Abalone Watch and Earrings kit. While I initially liked the picture, when I got the beads out I discovered that I didn't like bright blue bicone crystals with the subtler blue and green of the abalone shell beads. Off I went to the beading store again to pick up some substitute beads.

I brought home some cool bent silver spacer beads and some small turquoise looking round beads. To this I added the heart shaped clasp from the necklace in the last kit and I was ready to go.



Southwestern style watch made with round turquoise color beads and silver spacer beads

My intention was to use these beads as a substitute for the blue bicone crystals and the flower spacers but I quickly discovered that my tiny wrist didn't have enough circumference for all of the beads. I played around with the bead arrangement for awhile and then decided to just keep it simple. The photo at the right is my final revised design for the Abalone Watch. There is no abalone in the watch at all so I had to rename it the Southwestern style watch.

It looks a little too simple in the picture but on my wrist it is nice. Now I have to figure out what I am going to make with the abalone shell beads that I didn't use. It will probably require another trip to the bead store.

No comments:

Post a Comment